Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I wish I may I wish might.

Today my heart aches like very other day,
my soul cries a river of tears that never seems to dry up.
I wish I may I wish I might,
have the wish I wish tonight.
As far back as I can remember I have desired my soul mate if such a thing exists.
I don't know how much longer I can hold on.
The fortress walls are crumbling around me.
I doubt whether you exist,
I wish for you every time I think of of my pain.
I have a kind heart, and I look for the other half.
I have been to bars, their hearts are stained with accepted sin.
I have looked online they are insincere.
I have been watchful my whole adult life,
I have not found you.
I search for you every day,
I don't know where you are.
The struggle I know,
you cannot understand.
I fight to keep myself standing,
but the walls around my fortress are crumbling.
Would you say I am less of a man because this war is destroying me?
I am alone,
I have fought my whole adult life.
I am in my late 20's now and the horizon looks bleak.
Not like me, I am always strong and hopeful.
But this war rages on,
I am weakening.
I am still alive,
they tried to snuff me out
But I am still alive.
It is days like these when I look at myself and think"what is wrong with me"
When I am with a woman and I have affection I am comforted.
I am slower to all things,
when single
with no woman to comfort me
an angry violent beast
a recording plays inside my head
Designed to bring destruction
I will smite you all.
Like a time bomb with a self destruct.
It will blast it all away.
Wreck less?
Yes.
Helpful?
No.


No comments:

Post a Comment